Wednesday, March 16, 2011

earthquake!

We've been at grandma's place due to our house remodel + adding to make it accessible for Eli.  Eli requires bigger room with her own bathroom, and all the doors and hallway need to be widened for her wheel chair.  It has been much more work than we expected and longer than we thought.  I just didn't have time to blog.  And then, this huge earthquake occurred in Japan where all of my families and friends live.  Fortunately, all of my people are fine, but this constant fear never leaves.  One of my friends who lives in northern Japan and has a sister on the ventilator, told me that they had no power for two days and all of her families took turns to manually pump air with amble bag to keep her sister alive.  Anyhow, it's horrible.  I'm just hoping this nightmare will soon come to an end...... 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this personal reminder, I am praying for little Eli and also for Japan, when things leave the headlines it's amazing how quickly the world forgets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I check in on your blog and your family now and then, even though we've never met. I think of you sometimes and hope that you and your family are well. I know I've posted this before, but I have to thank you again for sharing what you have shared here. It is a gift to me, mother of a deceased girl with dandy-walker and agenesis of the corpus callosum, to be able to get to know my lost baby girl a little bit through getting to know your beautiful Eli a little bit. So much love from my family to yours. If you ever want to get in touch, my email is carson.kate@gmail.com I'd love to connect.

    ReplyDelete